As previously announced in AceNotes, UE distribution services/mail services has begun outsourcing metering of United States Postal Service domestic and international mail (letters, flats, etc.) and USPS domestic parcels to Data Mail Inc., a local third party vendor. UE distribution services/mail services no longer has equipment to meter mail and/or process parcels for shipment in-house.
• UE mail services no longer has a USPS meter or mailing equipment. UE mail services no longer has a UPS account or UPS shipping equipment.
• The UE USPS mail/parcel processing request online form has replaced the paper UE mail processing form. The UE USPS mail/parcel processing request online form and Instructions titled UE USPS mail/parcel processing request form instructions are available on the mail services website on AceLink Areas under forms and instructions. Note: Effective October 17, 2017, paper UE mail processing forms should be recycled and no longer used. These forms are no longer available as an In-house office supply item.
• New white/laminated UE account barcode cards were provided by Data Mail Inc. and distributed to UE areas to be used in lieu of the yellow UE account barcode cards. A sample of the new barcode card and instructions are available on the mail services website on AceLink Areas under forms and instructions. Note: Departments are asked to turn in the yellow UE account barcode cards via campus mail to mail services.
• UE mail services no longer provides UPS services. Departments desiring UPS services may contact UPS directly, set up a department account, request a site pickup, and pay UPS directly with a UE Pcard.
• Departments desiring to ship USPS International parcels may go directly to a local post office, complete the required USPS documentation (customs forms, etc.), and pay USPS directly with a UE Pcard. The same can be accomplished with UPS but typically at a much higher cost.
UE Distribution Services/Mail Services continues to:
• Pickup UE incoming mail and parcels from the USPS, Monday through Friday, except for UE holidays
• Process incoming business reply and short paid UE mail
• Sort mail by UE campus department in the mail service’s area
• Make a campus mail run Monday-Friday to deliver and/or pick up department mail that is pickup ready and includes USPS domestic and international letter mail, USPS domestic parcels, pre-stamped and sealed mail, and campus mail.
• Deliver to residence halls as is currently performed.
• Distribute newspapers received.
• Deliver UE mail and contract mailings to Data Mail, Monday through Friday, for processing.
Departments continue to be responsible for existing processes that include:
• Preparing USPS mail parcels for distribution services/mail services pickup by completing a UE USPS mail/parcel processing form to provide the required department name, account number, and mail/parcel requirements/instructions selected by the department. USPS parcels are to be packed and ready for shipping with an attached UE USPS mail/parcel processing form.
• Sorting, separating, and bundling (rubber bands or binder clips) USPS letter mail by account number, mail class, special services, domestic, international, etc., and securely attaching the appropriate new/white UE account barcode card to each mail bundle being picked up on the mail run by the UE mail courier. Specific mailing information continues to be available on the mail services website located on AceLink under Areas. New UE account barcode cards were distributed on October 17. (Note: To request additional UE account barcode cards contact, distribution services/mail services with the name of the account, account number and department name via email at email@example.com.
• Following existing campus mail guidelines to prepare campus mail bundled separately for UE mail services courier mail run pickup.
• Sealing envelope flaps with department affixed stamps for USPS domestic and/or international letter mail sorted by account number, domestic, international, etc., with a securely attached UE account barcode card to each bundle being picked up on the mail run by the UE mail courier.
• Placing FLAPS UP on unsealed envelopes to be metered.
• Taking USPS international and non-USPS mail/parcels requiring express services or international parcel services directly to the local post office for processing and payment via a UE Pcard.
• Following current contract mailing (large mailings of 200 mail pieces or weighing a total of 50 pounds) processes and procedures. Specific contract mailing information continues to be available on the contract mailing website located on AceLink under Areas. Purple contract mailing cards and other contract mailing requirements have not changed. Purple contract mailing cards are still being used and should accompany a contract mailing.
Additional information is available on the Mail Services website located on AceLink under Areas. If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Kim Winsett at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2940 or Shannon Richardson at email@example.com.