The University of Evansville has announced “The UE Guarantee,” which will be offered to students entering the University in the fall of 2016. This commitment is part of the UE’s ongoing mission to provide its students with an affordable, high quality education that will prepare graduates for lives of meaning and accomplishment.
The UE Guarantee consists of five specific assurances:
• Students are guaranteed to graduate in four years, or the fifth year will be paid for by the University
• Students are guaranteed that they will engage with talented and dedicated professors. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1; two-thirds of UE classes have less than 20 students.
• Students are guaranteed that they will receive a scholarship.
• Students are guaranteed access to at least one internship and lifetime access to career support services from UE’s Center for Career Development.
• Students are guaranteed that they will have the chance to study abroad. UE will offer a $1,000 travel grant to students who are unable to study abroad by the beginning of their senior year.
“The UE Guarantee is a natural product of what we already do,” said UE President Thomas A. Kazee. “It’s a promise to our students that we will make the resource commitments necessary to continue providing the opportunities, talented faculty, and academic experiences that will lead to their success while at UE and after graduation.”
While most students and their parents understand the advantages that come from an education at a university such as UE, there is often a perception that the tuition might be unaffordable.
“One shouldn’t assume that a school is unaffordable based on the official tuition dollar amount, the so-called sticker price” advised UE Vice President of Enrollment Shane Davidson. “For example, at UE, virtually all freshmen entering in fall 2015 received an academic scholarship, making the average net tuition price just under $13,000 for the 2015-16 academic year.”
Another important element for students and parents to consider when choosing a college is what will happen after graduation, Kazee added.
“At UE, our innovative Center for Career Development works with students to help them determine and achieve their career goals,” said Kazee. “Students have access to internships and other experiences that prepare them for success. The job and graduate placement rate for our Class of 2014 was 93 percent, with a $42,500 median salary for those employed six months after graduation.”
According to UE Executive Director of International Programs Wes Milner, another significant factor in finding the right college is the quality of its study abroad program.
“Understanding other countries and cultures is imperative for success in today's global marketplace,” he explained. “At UE we encourage students to study, intern, or engage experientially in an international setting. We offer many opportunities to study abroad, including Harlaxton, our British campus in Grantham, England. We are very proud that it was ranked the best study abroad program in America by Best College Reviews.”
For more information on the UE Guarantee, visit www.evansville.edu/guarantee.